We arrived safely in Albuquerque on Sunday afternoon. Sally left yesterday afternoon, so today is my first full day on my own in my new home. New Mexico is every bit as magnificent as I remember - brilliant blue sky, hauntingly beautiful landscapes and rock formations - and great Mexican food! The mix of Native American, Spanish, Mexican and European history and culture is delightful, giving this place a unique and vibrant energy.
My new home is in a lovely quiet neighborhood, 1.6 miles from the school (according to Tom the GPS, which guided us so reliably on our journey - many thanks to Vince for letting us borrow it!) My new housemate Carol is very nice, and I think our lifestyles are going to be quite compatible. I'm still getting my space settled and organized, but slept well on my "new" bed last night, so all is well on the domestic front. Whole Foods and Trader Joe's are both in the neighborhood - what more could I possibly need?
I visited the school yesterday, and immediately felt right at home. Everyone was so kind and welcoming, generous with advice and maps and tips on staying healthy in the dry, high desert climate. Everyone looked incredibly healthy and peaceful and carried themselves with such ease. I am SO in the right place.
So I've accomplished the first milestone on this adventure -- I got myself here! No small undertaking and I am so grateful to everyone who helped me get this far. It has been a time of rich experiences, joy, pain, and, I admit, some times of fear and doubt. But I'm grateful that the dark times have passed quickly, with the support of wonderful people and Amma's grace, and through it all I have such a deep peace and knowing that I am where I am supposed to be.
So what's next? More organizing and orientating myself to my new surroundings, the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta this weekend (the biggest in the world - over 600 hot air balloons!), I'll join the Albuquerque satsang (fellow Amma devotees) on Saturday evening, and then begin Orientation week at the institute on Monday, October 5. The following weekend is a mandatory Sanskrit workshop and then classes begin Monday, October 12. I'm not likely to get bored anytime soon.
Stay tuned for more stories and PICTURES (I promise).
Namaste to one and all.
Hi Sherry,
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! I'm so glad things are working out so well for you. Many Blessings on your new adventures! This seems to be a time for changes and plunging into the unknown. I can feel myself on the brink of launching new mother/daughter work with a new partner. I know not where it will take me but it feels like what I have been waiting for. I am daily putting my my life and my will in Higher Hands and asking for Amma's guidance.
Love and support to you,
Ellen Springwind
I'm so glad that you have arrived and are feeling you are where you belong. Miss you here!
ReplyDeleteJody Cline
Love the blog! Nice picture too. Can't wait to read more.
ReplyDeleteAfter grasping the intricacies of A&T data, Sanskrit should be no problem!
Hey Sherry,
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited to follow your adventure. We miss you!